Lindsey Funeral Home was established in 1915. It was opened under the name of Malone & Henning Funeral Home. In 1931 Mr. Charlie Lindsey became a partner with the firm and a few years later became sole owner and operator changing the name to Lindsey Funeral Home.
In 1952 Mr. Lindsey sold the business to long time employee Mr. Earl Shelbourne, who had started with the firm in 1932. Mr. Earl Shelbourne owned and operated the business until his death in 1975. Upon his death his son, Mr. Lynne Shelbourne and his wife Carolyn owned and operated the business until 1996.
Today, Lindsey's continues to serve the Paducah area with a staff of dedicated local funeral directors with compassion and commitment.
With the addition of a new, state of the art crematory Lindsey Funeral Home looks forward to its next 100 years as downtown Paducah's largest funeral provider.